Friday, March 6, 2020

Radio Update

I've been very fortunate to pick up a "blue label" Sangean ATS-505 and Radio Shack DX-398 / Sangean ATS-909 this week. Both radios are expected to be delivered next week.






The current "red label" ATS-505 that I own has a bad encoder. I bought a replacement online, but it needs to be modified to work with the radio. The DX-398 has a deteriorated magnet in the speaker (common problem). My initial plan is to use the speaker from the ATS-505 "red label" for the DX-398.

I don't know if I will eventually repair the "red label" ATS-505 or just use it for parts in the DX-398 since many of the components are the same.

The good news is that I will be able to provide more content to you including modifications, enhancements, and repair information! Stay tuned!


73,
Jesse W9JES

No comments:

Post a Comment