Arthur Hollingsworth created a video on how to perform this mod - You can view it here https://youtu.be/53VKmO8mqTc?t=1172
- Locate 6 solder pads on the circuit board near the LCD display light
- Remove the solder from the 6 pad connections
- Remove the tuning control from the board
- Gently pry up the 4 metal tabs on the back of the tuning control with a small, flat bade screwdriver. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove any bends
- Gently separate the metal case and plastic control housing.
- Remove the copper section from the 4 plastic retaining posts
- Using needle nose pliers, gently flatten the notch that sticks up on one side of the ring.
- Reassemble the tuning knob in reverse order noting correct orientation (note the "detent" is now removed, but is shown here for reassembly reasons)
- After the control has been put back together gently flatten the 4 tabs back into place using the needle nose pliers
- Resolder the control into place on the PCB
- Check your work and power up the radio
- You should now be able to tune much easier now